Accessibility statement for the Be Well Midlands website
This accessibility statement applies to the Be Well Midlands website. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. That means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels, and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, and VoiceOver, as well as our Browsealoud embed)
- translate the text on our website into different languages
- read and understand website text which has been written in a way that is as simple as possible
The accessibility tools are at the bottom of the homepage. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website
We have created this website to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, however, there are some parts that we have not been able to make fully accessible yet:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text within the site’s accessibility controls, however, the site is compatible with external tools that enable this
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Be Well Midlands is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website and corresponding documents are fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Other documents: The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Live video: We do not plan to add captions to live video streams (not currently used on the site but may be in the future) because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15 May 2023. It will next be reviewed on or before 15 May 2024.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will test this site for accessibility on a regular basis. We will record here the date of the most recent site test, specifying the dates by which any identified issues will be fixed.